Monday, November 16, 2009

Show Number 4 in boulder CO

We Arrived in boulder on friday the 13th. It was the opposite of spooky, it was quaint and warm. We arrived before the snow. We had a night off so we retired to our rooms and prepared for debauchery. Tim suggested earlier that we play a game called "I have never". I consists of one person stating something they have never done, and whoever has done that thing, standing up ad taking a drink of their beverage. For example: "I have never stepped foot in Texas." says Tim, the rest of us immediately take a drink following this statement indicating that the rest of us HAVE been to Texas. As you can imagine, we didn't stick to tame subject matter for long, a few drinks later we we divulging deeper darker secrets. The game went on for a blurry while then we walked to get some delicious Mexican food where the secret telling continued. This made me realize that i am inherently a little shy and reserved even in these extraordinary circumstances. We headed back to the Boulderado for the evening of quiet rest before tomorrows show. 

I walked to the Fox theater around Noon. It was a beautiful walk through a park by a creek. The weather had turned a bit chilly, it looked as if it may snow. The Fox is a beautiful 700 person wood theater in the middle of a little downtown area in boulder. The crew was very nice and everyone seemed in good spirits. I felt a little winded from the altitude but otherwise excited to play. Tim and I weren't  originally scheduled to perform because there was a strict curfew for a Metal show directly afterwards but Immi and the crew were nice enough to let us squeeze in a few songs each. Before i knew it the doors were opened and it was time to play. I think it was surprise for everyone for me to be up there so it took a bit to get the crowd warmed up. It was a short but sweet set for a slightly sleepy but warm crowd. Tim exile follow with a few USB glitches in his rig but he handled it amazingly well. Most people would choke under those circumstances but he handled it with grace and humor. Then the Imogen took the stage stage to a very warm roar again. She played an amazing set. Little by little the songs come together in new and exciting ways. It is an energizing evolution to say the least.  Then again like everything else does, It ended. It's almost like a small birth and death each night. After pack up and load out we all headed to the hotel for a good movie. We all gathered in one room and chose to watch Bruno. I fell asleep and started to snore through the film. Sorry guys. 

The following day was solo show for Immi at the Boulder theater. The boys and I had a day so we were slow in getting up for the day. Once we did we had a wonderful walk into the mountains. It was so nice to feel the stillness of the sow covered mountains. Tim and Chris are good buddies. I look forward to the rest of the tour with them. Afterwards we snuck into Immi's solo show just to catch the last few songs. It was the first time i've seen Hide and Seek from the crowd on this tour. It was completely beautiful. Brought me to tears in fact. She finished the set with her rendition of  "We Will Rock You"  that ended with a wicked key-tar solo. It was amazing, she is a true bad ass. We retired to the bus for the 16hr drive to Dallas that i am still on. I think we only have 2 hours left. So whoever is reading from Dallas, we'll see you soon. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. "I have never.." seen you live before. Reading from Dallas, and cant wait to see you perform.

    I was more than pleasantly surprised whilst doing my opener scouting. I'm already planning on buying your music, and my wife has fallen in love with your mad skills already :-)

    I reckon you will have a very supportive audience tomorrow night, so I hope you're looking forward to it as much as all of my friends and I are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really jealous that you get to go on tour with Imogen! It's been a dream of mine and will continue to be until the day it happens!

    I'm also really jealous of all the people that get to see a show on this tour. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it out to one, but I'm hoping I will on her bigger tour next year! (which I hope and pray you'll be on again!)

    You and Imogen Heap are two of my all time favorite artists and have both inspired me immensely. It would be a dream come true to see you perform on the same stage!

    Good luck with the rest of the tour! I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still reeling from the awesome show in Dallas last night (sorry, but I couldn't wait for the Dallas show entry). I'm glad I found your blog. If there was any hint of nervousness left in you in last night's show, I couldn't see it. You were totally into it and had the crowd eating out of your hand by the end of your set. The whole show was outstanding. I'm glad you're a part of the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THE WAR IS OVER!! Ha!!
    Saw you guys last night in dallas. place was PACKED! really liked your performance, reminded me of some earlier 80's underground stuff (echo and the bunny men meets buddy holly!).. Must be really cool to go through that experience of the tour. Immy was great as expected, almost brought me to tears. good luck on the tour, and if you guys get bored on the bus give this a spin...

    http://soundcloud.com/flipnap/soma

    jb

    ReplyDelete