Thursday, November 26, 2009

Show 9 Atalanta

Show 9 Hot-Lanta Georgia.. 

#ih112209


It was a beautiful sunrise as we drove through the countryside towards Atlanta..somehow the truck stops looked so dreamy in the crisp morning air. By the time we got to The Variety Playhouse i had fallen asleep again. I slept through load in and part of the set-up. I ran in to find the wonderful crew hard at work. I started to set up feeling very giddy for some reason, It was going to be a good day. We continued through the routine as usual. I love the stillness of soundcheck. It's such a good opportunity to tap into the higher energies that go along with music. Sometimes the soundcheck is the best part of the day for me because i can totally open up to the stuff that gives me the chills..  

Such a immense theater the Playhouse. A grand floor below and a massive balcony above. Before i knew it the doors opened and the public started flooding in. We had a very fun time backstage talking and chatting. Everyone was in good spirits. The guest Cellist Yoosung was a great character. He has us all in hysterics showing us pictures of his Chihuahua. Once again, It was show-time. I played, it felt good to finally be comfortable playing for 1500+ people. Things seemed to go off without a hitch. For the last song "the war is over" i jumped down into the crowd again and danced with the crowd. Oh what fun. Tim went up again with a dazzling display of DSP mayhem. I think the average music listener may be a little frightened about his unique and innovative display of talent, but there are others who will be inspired and changed forever by his amazing-ness. 

We took a short break before Immi took the stage. Its nice to feel like we're in somewhat of a routine. The show process holds us together like glue in a slightly volatile world. Without the shows we would be just nomad without purpose. Immi took the stage again with her wine glass and sang the Lyrics "bodies disengaged, out mouths are fleshing over"..such a beautiful line. The crowd adores her. She continued on through the set until we joined her. We played our little hearts out we did. YooSung even added a rocking Cello spin move during aha!..it was pretty sweet. What a fun night.. I think the saying "Southern Hospitality" is true. Everyone is warm and engaging. The show ended on a beautiful note and Imogen singing "bye bye bye bye" and just as quick as it started, It was over..I look forward to my return to Atlanta..


to all my friend and family. I am grateful for you and I miss you. Happy thanksgiving...


xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Gotta say- I love this blog you've put together. Also, I was at the Variety Playhouse that night I was totally blown away with what you were doing with the guitar and the looper. Being a *struggling* musician myself, I found your set particularly inspiring as it was quite evident how well crafted your songs are as well as the way they were executed through Ableton. Come back to ATL PLEASE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan, what an awesome show. Your set was really amazing. I hope you guys are recording some/all of these shows because it would make for an awesome CD. I admit, I know nothing about music beyond the pleasure it brings my ears and body. It's amazing to think that music entering two tiny holes in your body can radiate down to your core. And I'm paralyzed and unable to feel anything (in a wheelchair) from my high chest down, but those tunes made my toes tingle! lol Although I was very sad to have to leave early as my ride came early and so I was not able to get anyones autograph/picture. I do hope that everyone hangs around for a while after the April show... By the way, my girlfriend REALLY wanted your CD but we didnt have enough cash on hand, where can I pick it up? I'm not seeing it online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a blast! Had an awesome time, got some good pics, and videos. Come to Charlotte sometime, so I don't have to drive 4 hours :)

    ReplyDelete